Wallpapers of Yellow Chinoisere

Posted by Betsy On October 14, 2008

Apologies, dear readers, many many apologies because I find myself falling victim to blogging tendency that I find most irritating in other design bogs - namely, too much writing and not enough pretty pictures! Mortification and sorrow abound. In order to atone for my sins, I thought I would do a montage of yellow chinoisere wallpaper, which is an option I am considering for the dream house dining room... Juicy Couture's Pamela Skaist-Levy's house, featured in Bazaar, inspired the thinking. I just LOVE everything about this room...

yellow chinoisere wallpaper

In Honor of the Girls

Posted by Betsy On October 15, 2008

Those who know me well know that I need absolutely no excuse to expound on the color pink (you'll note this blog's title). But since it is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought I would follow Mrs. Blandings' fabulous lead and do my bit to raise awareness by blogging on pink for the day. Instead of going the Dorothy Draper route, and don't get me wrong , I ADORE Ms. Draper, I thought I would reflect on my most favorite use of pink EVER, my magical wedding reception:

Pink

Dreaming of a Creative Cottage

Posted by Betsy On October 1, 2008

So one of the "must-haves" for our dream house, which we may have found ... *IF* we can convince the sellers to knock $500,000 off the listing price. Minor hiccup. Our dream house must have a designated space for me to create. Ideally, this would be a cottage by the sea where I could write, craft and spraypaint old furniture to my heart's content. However, unless we win the lotto, which is obviously totally possible, it will most likely be a room in our house where I can write, craft and spraypaint old furniture to my heart's content.

Creative Cottage

Thoughts on Kelly

Posted by Author On September 18, 2008

Being an uber-prep by birth, somewhat by choice but mainly by basic resignation to the fates, I've been thrilled by the recent resurgence of preppy chic. From J.Crew to Jonathan Adler, the blue blazer and pearls are definitely back in full effect. I am particularly pleased by the kelly green palettes that have been popping up everywhere. For instance this delicious bedroom from Mr. Adler:

Kelly Wearstler

Why I love Domino.

Posted by Betsy On 6:14 AM
This image pretty much sums it up...

Image by Paul Costello, October 2007.

8 Response to "Why I love Domino."

  1. cassandra Said,

    awwww - that pooch is so right on! i'm in domino depression. i'm almost dreading getting that last issue, knowing it's going to be the very last... *sigh*... good luck with the crusade!

     

  2. Petunia Said,

    Are you going to open up a new poll? Some bloggers are still doing events dedicated to Domino.

     

  3. Visual Vamp Said,

    One of my favorite domino photos!
    I signed your petition, and I am linking this site to my blog.
    Please add me to your blog roll as a show of my solidarity.
    xo xo

     

  4. Visual Vamp Said,

    What up?
    The petition seems to be closed.
    Phooey!
    xo xo

     

  5. Petunia Said,

    Why is the petition closed?? Will you open it up again and tell us how many signatures you have so far?

     

  6. I haven't yet received the March issue - I'm going to search for it at Barnes & Noble this weekend - but I find that its arrival will be extremely bittersweet. It's the end of an era. :(

     

  7. Love it -- thanks for doing this.

     

  8. Have you considered creating a "save domino" sight on facebook? Just a quick thought. ♥

     

Post a Comment