Wallpapers of Yellow Chinoisere

Posted by Betsy On October 14, 2008

Apologies, dear readers, many many apologies because I find myself falling victim to blogging tendency that I find most irritating in other design bogs - namely, too much writing and not enough pretty pictures! Mortification and sorrow abound. In order to atone for my sins, I thought I would do a montage of yellow chinoisere wallpaper, which is an option I am considering for the dream house dining room... Juicy Couture's Pamela Skaist-Levy's house, featured in Bazaar, inspired the thinking. I just LOVE everything about this room...

yellow chinoisere wallpaper

In Honor of the Girls

Posted by Betsy On October 15, 2008

Those who know me well know that I need absolutely no excuse to expound on the color pink (you'll note this blog's title). But since it is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought I would follow Mrs. Blandings' fabulous lead and do my bit to raise awareness by blogging on pink for the day. Instead of going the Dorothy Draper route, and don't get me wrong , I ADORE Ms. Draper, I thought I would reflect on my most favorite use of pink EVER, my magical wedding reception:

Pink

Dreaming of a Creative Cottage

Posted by Betsy On October 1, 2008

So one of the "must-haves" for our dream house, which we may have found ... *IF* we can convince the sellers to knock $500,000 off the listing price. Minor hiccup. Our dream house must have a designated space for me to create. Ideally, this would be a cottage by the sea where I could write, craft and spraypaint old furniture to my heart's content. However, unless we win the lotto, which is obviously totally possible, it will most likely be a room in our house where I can write, craft and spraypaint old furniture to my heart's content.

Creative Cottage

Thoughts on Kelly

Posted by Author On September 18, 2008

Being an uber-prep by birth, somewhat by choice but mainly by basic resignation to the fates, I've been thrilled by the recent resurgence of preppy chic. From J.Crew to Jonathan Adler, the blue blazer and pearls are definitely back in full effect. I am particularly pleased by the kelly green palettes that have been popping up everywhere. For instance this delicious bedroom from Mr. Adler:

Kelly Wearstler

Eureka!

Posted by Betsy On 2:14 PM
I published this site today and already support for the crusade! Please visit The Paris Apartment to read one Domino Fan's reasons for loving Domino and for supporting our crusade. Another Domino Fan, Petunia of the California Flower Girls, has joined with The Paris Apartment to start an email/letter writing campaign to Save Domino, that is available here:

http://caflowergirls.blogspot.com/2009/02/united-we-can-win.html.

For the love of god, people, start emailing! And yet another Domino Fan wrote this about our mission:

"I am passionately in agreement with this site... I will pay double for a subscription. Domino is the only magazine that actually delivers new and exciting, affordable and accessible decorating help...Anne"

Please tell me why you love Domino!

9 Response to "Eureka!"

  1. Petunia Said,

    Your poll only asks about how much people will buy for a printed copy. I think that ship may have sailed because by now, the last issue has been printed...of course I hope not. Realistically, we may have the power to stop them from taking down the website. Could that be a question on another poll you could post or add it to the one you already have but make it so we can vote for several options? If we limit ourselves to print or die, I think we might lose this battle. I think that may be where we have the real power is in offering to pay a monthly/annual fee for them to keep their website as their monthly magazine. That's just my humble opinion.

     

  2. cotedetexas Said,

    Good luck with your crusade and your blog!!! What a great idea!!!

     

  3. Unknown Said,

    while i think your cause is admirable- i'm afraid you are tilting at windmills! conde nast is not the type of organization to change it's mind on a dime.

    still, i also believe in dreams, so of course will support you in your efforts to bring back everybody's favorite decorating magazine!

    good luck to us all!

     

  4. Anonymous Said,

    Wishing you the best on your crusade to save Domino! I have always loved the magazine and I was so bummed when I heard the announcement. Domino has become my one and only must have home decor magazine! The ideas are different and up to date! I need Domino, must have Domino!

     

  5. Anonymous Said,

    A worthy cause indeed! Like everyone here, I will do whatever it takes to keep one of my favourite publications alive. I wrote a good-bye post last week, but I'd much rather be writing 'thanks for staying with us, domino!"

    http://www.annesage.com/blog/2009/01/thanks-for-everything-domino.html

     

  6. M Said,

    I'm in! I'll join! I'll do whatever it takes. Bravo to you for beginning this and best wishes.

     

  7. katiedid Said,

    Maybe Domino could talk to Bravo. TV Domino? I hear Bravo and perhaps Lifetime may just need a slot to fill!

    You go girl!

     

  8. AMM blog Said,

    What can I do? I'd love to help, this was devastating to me and apparently others as well!

     

  9. *kk* Said,

    yes! save domino! great idea!

     

Post a Comment